February 28th – March 4th | ONLINE
hackathon (n.): innovation contest where participants compete to create the best solution to a given problem.
The 2022 Seneca Sustainability Hackathon is an innovation contest where participants from various schools work together to tackle challenges we are facing in the world today. This year’s theme is sustainability: economic sustainability, environmental sustainability, societal sustainability, and more.
By participating, you will be working closely with one of our industry-leading sponsors in creating sustainable solutions for the future. Some of our sponsors include Formula 1 Grand Prix Canada, Salesforce, Google Cloud, Deloitte, Roche Data Science, Toronto Municipalities (Vaughan, Brampton, Waterfront Toronto), Toronto District School Board, and more.
Who can register?
- Any student from Seneca College
- Any student/team from Sustainability Hackathon affiliated Colleges:
- Panyapiwat Institute of Management (Thailand)
- Universidad del Rosario (Colombia)
- St Clair College (Windsor, Ont.)
- Conestoga College (Waterloo, Ont.)
- Any student from other learning institutions provided a Seneca student is included in their team (our registration team will help with that)
Non-programmers are welcome!
- You can register as an individual or as a group
- Minimum team size: 2 (we will help you find a team)
- Maximum team size: 5
- If your school is not a partner school (see above), at least one team member must be from Seneca (we can help you meet this requirement)
What’s in it for you?
- Win prizes
- Hands-on experience
- Micro-credential for your resume
- Prove or improve your skills
- Collaborate with really smart people
- FREE SWAG (T-shirts, beanies, gift cards, and more!)*
* Terms and conditions apply.
- Jan 10 – Registrations Open
- Feb 7 – Ideation
- Feb 28 – Mar 4 – Hackathon
- Mar 9 – Venture
Learn more about the Challenge Sets
Follow us on social media!
Link Tree: linktr.ee/Seneca.hackathon
Send us an email at email@example.com.